About our Client
My client works on some of the most prestigious curtain walling/façade projects across the UK. Now due to an increase in work, they are looking to add an experienced Quantity surveyor to their team.
About the Role
- Evaluate client’s enquiry documents, checking the feasibility of design within the parameters of the specified system and glazing, also site logistics, programme, building regulations, etc.
- Correspond with the client and seek clarification over any omissions or conflicting documentation.
- Prepare material costs using system software.
- Obtain quotations for the supply of materials and sub-contract elements.
- Compile pricing documents using material, plant and labour costs. Apply appropriate margin.
- Draft formal quotation, prepare documentation supporting our proposals.
- Submit quotation within client’s timeframe.
- Follow up quotation submission – communicate with client at various stages of the tender process and prepare quotation revisions as required.
- Attend meetings as required with the client and members of commercial and design teams.
- Attend internal meeting once a contract has been won, handing project over to design, commercial and contract management personnel.
- Attend regular estimating review meetings, chaired by the Director.
About the Candidate
- At least 5 years estimating experience
- Have good timekeeping skills with the ability to be flexible.
- Must come from a building envelope background
- Ability to keep cool under stress
- Ability to work as part of a team and under instruction from your line manager
Points of Appeal
- Freedom within the role with a route to higher management
- Interesting Projects
- A company with a full order book