About our Client
My client is a leading roofing specialist sub-contractor who works on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and has a great reputation for what they do.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend site either with or without Contract Manager upon initial commencement of works on individual projects.
- Attend weekly, or as required, site progress meetings with clients/main contractors.
- Internally plan a project with Contract Managers to highlight the most efficient working systems and methods, and then implement those methods on-site.
- Be responsible for managing and motivating site Foremen/operatives.
- Communicating with the clients, or Main Contractors representatives to ensure the smooth running of projects and the coordination of all activities on site.
- Monitoring the coordination on-site to ensure that the maximum efficiency is afforded to labour and plant and reporting back to the Contracts manager and another department, where such efficiency is impeded.
- Ensuring projects are built to specification, to excellent quality standards, delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the sub-contractors’ progress claims are relevant to monies invoiced.
- Ensure that any material requests are taken from the site foreman in good time so as not to delay their requisition.
- Ensure that all site records are up to date, including daily records, plant and labour returns, health and safety files and weekly progress reports.
- Reported directly to the Contract Manager responsible for the project. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time and within any financial targets.
- Produced daily or weekly targets for each team of operatives to achieve.
- Provide 2 and 4-week look ahead programmes for each project, noting materials, fabrications and labour that will be required.
- Give appropriate and immediate solutions to construction problems that may occur.
- Responsible for the management of direct labour, sub-contractors, and co-ordination with the Client and his representatives.
About the Candidate
- Experience working in a similar position.
- Experience working for a principal contractor
- Confident in communication with operatives, office personnel and at the board level
- Is reliable, honest and upholds the company values.
- Is proactive.
- Takes responsibility for situations and results.
- Can collaborate with other departments across the business to achieve the common goal.
Points of Appeal
- Great company to work for
- Progression within the company
- Interesting projects