About our Client
My client and a specialist Structural Steelwork, Bespoke Fabrication and Architectural Metalwork sub-contractor. They work within construction & rail industries, supplying quality metalwork and associated products and services. Now they are looking to add a project manager to their operations team.
About the Role
• Attend site either with or without Contract Manager upon initial commencement of works on individual projects.
• Attend weekly, or as required, site progress meetings with clients/main contractors.
• Internally plan a project with Contract Managers to highlight most efficient working systems and methods, and then implement those methods on site.
• Be responsible for managing and motivating site Foremen/operatives.
• Communicating with the clients, or Main Contractors representatives to ensure the smooth running of projects and the coordination of all activities on site.
• Monitoring the coordination on site to ensure that the maximum efficiency is afforded to labour and plant and reporting back to Contracts manager and other department, where such efficiency is impeded.
• Ensuring projects are built to specification, to excellent quality standards, delivered on time and within budget.
• Ensure that the sub-contractors’ progress claims are relevant to monies invoiced.
• Ensure that any material requests are taken from the site foreman in good time so as not to delay their requisition.
• Ensure that all site records are up to date, including daily records, plant and labour returns, health and safety files and weekly progress reports.
• Reported directly to the Contract Manager responsible for the project. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time and within any financial targets.
• Produced daily or weekly targets for each team of operatives to achieve.
• Provide 2 and 4 week look ahead programmes for each project, noting materials, fabrications and labour that will be required.
• Give appropriate and immediate solutions to construction problems that may occur.
• Responsible for the management of direct labour, sub-contractors, co-ordination with the Client and his representatives.
About the Candidate
Previously held a Project Manager position for at least 4 years
Must come from a Steel background
Excellent verbal and communication skills
Have relevant tickets
Points of Appeal
• Freedom within the role with a route to higher management
• Interesting Projects
• A company with a full order book