Our client, a medium sized, employee-owned M&E contractor with an exceptional client & sub-contractor reputation, are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to join them working on projects ranging from £100k – £6m across the commercial, residential, education, leisure, health and pharma sectors. This role is available due to organisational expansion.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client, a medium sized, employee-owned M&E contractor with an exceptional client & sub-contractor reputation, work on projects ranging from £100k – £6m across the commercial, residential, education, leisure, health, and pharma sectors, with a strong repeat client-base.
This is a rare opportunity to join a company that truly values their employees, offering profit share and employee ownership in an organisation that excels in the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Read, understand and scrutinise specifications and drawings.
- Preparation and issue of sub-contract enquiry packages.
- Preparation and issue of supplier enquiry packages.
- Preparation of Tender Cost Reports.
- Take-off and measure pipework services from Consultant or other Tender drawings.
- Tender site visits to fully establish the Scope of Works and specific site requirements.
- Tender site visits with Sub-contractors / Specialists to ensure compliant and competitive submissions.
- Attendance at mid-tender interviews (if required) and the ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of the requirements of the project.
- Development of the Mechanical Building Services tender within an ‘Estimation’ Software package.
- Compilation and preparation of the tender and associated documentation for Director approval prior to formal submission.
- Formal submission of Tender.
- Attendance at post tender interviews.
- Ongoing Estimating support to Contracts Management teams throughout the duration of the contract works.
- Ability to tender multiple projects at any one time.
- Ability to produce Value Engineering solutions.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- 4+ years’ relevant mechanical estimating experience, preferably within a contracting environment
- Demonstratable knowledge of Building Services Estimating software packages
POINTS OF APPEAL
- Be part of an employee-owned company that offers profit-share to employees
- This is a role with an established company that works on a variety of projects
- Employees tend to stay with the company for many years
- Gain exposure on exciting and complex projects
- Benefit from ongoing training & development
- Be supported by a talented and experienced senior management team
- A starting salary between £40,000.00 & £65,000.00, subject to level of experience, with discretional performance related bonuses
- Employee Ownership profit share distribution after 12 months service
- Holiday – 30 days per annum, including Bank Holidays
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- In service Life Insurance
- Access to a Private Health Scheme