About our Client
Our client specialises in the SFS sector and is based in the west midlands. They have a fantastic reputation within the sector. Now they are looking to add Head of Contracts to their senior management team.
About the Role
• The role is to manage SFS (Steel Frame System – Loadbearing & Non-Loadbearing) projects from cradle to grave.
• Ability to understand architects drawings
• Ability to pick up details that could affect the construction of the system
• Practical understanding of how things go together
• Ability to work with a concept and draw into a working detail whilst giving the architect what he requires and at the same time providing a buildable system that is also within budget
• Being able to work on multiple projects at once and keeping all clients informed of progress.
• Ability to think on their feet when up against deadlines, budget and keeping the customer satisfied.
• Ability to deal with short timescales and pressure of needing results.
About the Candidate
You will have a detailed knowledge of General Arrangements, Sections, Details, Plans, Schedules and Specifications received from third parties to include but not limited to Architects, Structural Engineers, Specialist Designers and Steelwork & Concrete Designers.
You will demonstrate a clear technical understanding of the Built Environment and the products, their applications, fixing and effect on the design of SFS.
You will demonstrate a clear understanding of structural frames, their settlement, movement and general design.
You will be technically excellent in your product knowledge of SFS systems, the different suppliers of systems and ancillary products and be able to advise others of your knowledge, both internally to Project & Junior Designers and your colleagues and externally at meetings with clients.
You will be fully conversant on AutoCAD 2D systems demonstrating an ability to execute your duties using the software intelligently. You will be fully conversant in Tekla Structures.
Points of Appeal
Great company to work for
Progression within the company