Quantity Surveyor – Commercial Fit Out and Shopfitting
We are currently working with a well-established contractor based in the Midlands area with a nationwide client portfolio. They have a solid reputation for delivering quality multimillion pound projects across their various business units.
They have a strong team who are mostly long serving with the company and have a real ethos of team working and treating people in the right way. They can offer a stable, long career with progression to a more senior role in a growing organisation.
They have a strong order book and diverse client portfolio proving a stable workload for the foreseeable future. Due to their ever-increasing success, they are looking to strengthen all areas of the business throughout their operations, commercial and design teams.
Your new role
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will manage the financial delivery of multiple live projects across the country ensuring the profitability of each project.
You will liaise with other internal team members in pre-construction and operations to manage the projects.
- Quantity Surveyor to join a Shop fitting specialist
- Attending site surveys/scope of works meetings
- Commercial management of subcontractors
- Negotiation of final accounts
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costing for tenders
- Tender adjudication and procurement of subcontractors
- Prepare and present project cost reports
- Analysing outcomes and preparing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments with our Finance Team
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Quantity Surveying or Commercial management Degree.
- Working in a similar role as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Experience working on Retail fit outs.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within Quantity Surveying.
- Work well in a fast pace environment.
- Motivated and Ambitious.
- Professional manner, experience being client facing.
What you’ll get in return
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, reputable business where you will enjoy the benefits of being part of a close team and receive a remuneration package that is competitive along with the security of a strong project pipeline and diverse client base.
- Clear route to progress to more senior role within the company’s commercial team in the foreseeable future.
- Ongoing training and professional development available.