Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
· To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
· To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
· To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
· To work with the best.
· Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Our Client
They are an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe. They have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Develop competitive cost estimates by analysing the materials and labour needed to complete a project. This is done by doing a critical analysis of specifications, drawings and contractual documentation, interpreting this information and relaying same on a detailed take-off which will follow the format of the Form of Tender.
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of the Estimation process including the following:
· Initial review of tender documents and assessing project & level of design
· Assisting and liaising with Engineering Support in design development if relevant
· Interpreting specifications & drawings
· Attending site surveys or liaising with site managers on same
· Liaising with other Departments/Business Units
· Analysing form of tender & overseeing that counts are prepared in line with form of tender,
· Including the managing & checking of all counts completed by Assistant Estimator
· Managing the sending out of enquires, ensuring all relevant documentation is issued to Suppliers
· Preparing full take-off in line with tender documents
· Liaising with suppliers including full evaluation of quotes
· Preparing RFI’s
· Preparing Product Substitution & Value Engineering options
· Once project is inputted into estimating package by Assistant Estimator, Estimator to check
· quantities and descriptions are in line with take-off
· Reviewing Prelims requirements for projects including Management, plant & access costs
· Reviewing overall tender with Estimating Manager and interpretations taken
· Managing post tender clarifications
· Attending post tender meetings
· Attending hand-over meetings for successful tenders
· Ability to work as part as a team
· Working in accordance with Kirby Group Estimating Procedures & overall quality procedures.
Necessary Candidate Requirements
· 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Construction Economics, Quantity Surveying or similar
· Ideally will possess 3+ years’ experience in the construction industry in a similar Mechanical Estimator position. Estimating process piping systems, utility piping, plumbing, HVAC systems, piping, duct work, and equipment.
· Experience working on tenders in-excess of €2.5million electrically within the pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre or commercial sectors.
· Innovates and leads in Mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
· Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially Power Point & Excel
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent attention to detail
· The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
· Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
· Excellent record keeper and administration skills
· Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
· Remote working (3 weeks per month with one week attending Ireland office)
· Competitive salary + benefits
· Possibility of international travel