We are currently recruiting for a Quantity surveyor/Estimator role for an established SME.
About our Client:
The company has ambitious plans for growth and have a wide and varied client base and a long pipeline of work for the coming year ahead.
The business has a young, dynamic, and energetic management team with a strong business plan in place.
About the Role:
- Must be local to the area, as the candidate will be able to attend project and management meetings.
- Full driving licence. Will be expected to travel all areas of the UK, and able to stay away.
- Be able to meet potential customers, take a brief and survey to a standard that allows to work with the design team to produce a design scheme, with enough information to estimate the project.
- Surveys could also include furniture and storage requirements.
- Produce detailed schedule of works that are measured and costed with up-to-date labour, tool hire. plant and materials rates.
- Projects are mainly commercial, ranging from, but not limited to,
- production lines,
- office refurbishments,
- fit outs,
- NHS and other healthcare types and
- On securing projects, be able to work with our project managers, and fit out teams so that fine turning of information and cost can be achieved.
- The individual must be self-driven, well organised and have not only have a good understanding of construction, but also able to work well within a friendly team.
- Must have a good understanding of spreadsheets, and other similar programmes, and the ability to learn new technology.
- Must have an understanding or ability to learn/use on-site measuring/surveying equipment and programs.
Points of Appeal:
- Hybrid working system
- Competitive market related salary and benefits incl.