This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a fantastic specialist building envelope sub-contractor.
£35k to £40k plus package
About our Client
My client is a building envelope specialist sub-contractor. Their projects vary in value from £250k to £5million and consist of curtain walling & cladding. Now they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
About the Role
• Preparing and agreeing on valuations with clients and ensuring payments are received in accordance with subcontract agreements.
• Preparing accurate take-off of material quantities from drawings building up Bills of Quants, measures & re-measures.
• Follow procedures to ensure proper allocation of the job cost.
• Pricing of contract variations.
• Preparing subcontractor payment certificates, calculation and allocation of subcontractor payments and updating spreadsheets accordingly.
• Assist in the control of supply chain ensuring full visibility of liabilities.
• Issue of subcontract enquiries, comparison of quotes, undertake negotiations and placing of comprehensive orders.
• Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports.
• Negotiation and agreement of final accounts with main contractor QS.
• Cash flow forecasting across all contracts to project company turnover.
• Liaising with estimating, design, purchasing and contracts teams to ensure any changes and potential cost overspends are identified as soon as practicable, ensuring costs are recovered and future overspends avoided wherever possible.
• Working with the Commercial manager to provide cost control and reporting on individual contracts, as well as overview and cost management of all contracts
• General administration duties as required.
About the Candidate
Must come from a construciotn background
Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
Good general IT skills.
Good communication skills – verbal and written.
Points of Appeal
Great company to work for
Progression within the company