About the client
Our client is seeking a Client-Facing Project Manager to join our team. As a Client-Facing Project Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing construction projects related to passive fire protection (cavity barriers, boarding, fire stopping, intumescent paint etc). You will work closely with clients and other project stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects, adhering to the highest standards of safety, quality, and compliance.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project management related to passive fire protection, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and specifications.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, maintaining strong relationships and effectively addressing their needs and concerns.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to develop project plans, including scope, deliverables, and milestones.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors and site personnel involved in fire protection installations, ensuring efficient and high-quality work.
- Ensure seamless integration of passive fire protection systems into the construction process, working closely with the project team.
- Monitor the progress of fire protection installations, conducting regular site inspections to verify compliance with regulations, standards, and project requirements.
- Oversee the testing and commissioning of fire protection systems, ensuring proper documentation of results.
- Maintain accurate project records, including drawings, specifications, and as-built documentation.
- Manage the procurement of materials and equipment required for fire protection installations, ensuring timely delivery and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical support and guidance to site personnel regarding passive fire protection methods and best practices.
- Collaborate with the Health and Safety team to ensure a safe working environment and promote a strong safety culture on site.
- Implement and enforce quality control procedures to ensure high-quality installations.
- Resolve any technical issues or challenges related to passive fire protection systems during the construction phase.
- Stay up to date with industry advancements, regulations, and best practices in passive fire protection, and apply them to projects as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in construction project management, with a strong focus on client-facing roles and passive fire protection.
- Experience in third-party accreditation schemes such as BM Trada or FIRAS.
- In-depth knowledge of passive fire protection systems, materials, and installation methods.
- Familiarity with relevant building codes, regulations, and industry standards related to fire safety and passive fire protection.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with clients and project stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet project deadlines.
- Proficiency in using project management tools, software, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Own transport, PPE, and a minimum Blue CSCS card are essential.