The successful candidate will be responsible for
· Ensuring the results of inspection and testing are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports
· Produce and sign off NICEIC certification and other required test data following work undertaken by field-operatives using the company’s chosen software
· Ensuring that the business’ premises, equipment, documentation and records are available for inspection when required by NICEIC.
· Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671, and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken.
· Understand the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work undertaken.
· To assist with the management of the field-engineers and to monitor the standards of the engineers’ output
· To assist with and support the recruitment, induction and development of field engineers
· To assist and support future Qualifying Supervisors as necessary
· Provide quotations, estimates and purchase materials where needed
· To provide support and technical assistance to colleagues and staff in relation to the preparation of quotes and tenders
· To undertake QS inspection audits & visits in relation to existing and future engineers
· To attend toolbox meetings, site meetings and/or surveys as required
· Work alongside the Operations, Technical, Project and Contract Manager’s to deliver the contract within the set timescales and requesting the delivery of materials when required.
· To achieve personal and team KPI’s ensuring the number of completed jobs meet the business and clients’ needs and expectations
· Actively promote all aspects of Health & Safety, to ensure compliance with legislation and company procedures
· Continually seeking opportunities to enhance relationships with engineers and quality service provision to clients, with a view to grow the business
Qualification, Education and experience required
· Fully Qualified Electrician – ideally NICEIC registered (not essential but will need to register)
· Level 3 Testing & Inspection qualification, 2391 or equivalent
· Level 3 Installations qualification 2330 or equivalent
· 18th Edition
· Minimum 5-years of previous experience of electrical installations and repairs, inspection and testing, emergency lighting and fire alarm service, maintenance and installation.
· An extensive understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS7671 and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken.
· Full understand the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work undertaken.
· Knowledge of all electrical systems in domestic and commercial settings
· Sound understanding of schedule of rates
· IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation
· Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation
· Experience of supervising engineers
The detail contained in this job description is an indication of the job role at the time of recruitment, but we may vary or change the responsibilities of this role to meet the needs of the business as the business grows