We are currently recruiting for a Fit-out Designer for an a well established SME.
About our Client:
The company has ambitious plans for growth and have a wide and varied client base and a long pipeline of work for the coming year ahead.
The business has a young, dynamic, and energetic management team with a strong business plan in place.
About the Role:
- Must be local to the area, as the candidate will be able to attend project and management meetings.
- Full driving license. Will be expected to travel all areas of the UK, and able to stay away.
- Be able to meet potential customers alone or as part of a survey team, take a design brief and survey to a standard that allows the candidate to work with the management team and survey team to produce a design scheme, with enough information so that the management team cost the project.
- Be very confident in doing furniture and storage surveys, layouts, etc.
- Be able to contact various suppliers to gain cost.
- Produce detailed drawings and designs based on information personally surveyed or those produced by the surveyor.
- DWGs include construction and bespoke DWG’s and the ability to produce ‘AS Built DWG’s’
- Able to work with various subcontractors, building control, the client, landlords etc to produce all type of on site and information DWG’s.
- Projects are mainly commercial, ranging from, but not limited to,
- Production lines,
- Office refurbishments,
- Fit outs,
- Shop fitting,
- NHS and other healthcare types and,
- On securing projects, be able to work with our project managers, and fit out teams so that fine turning of information and DWG updating can be achieved.
- The individual must be self-driven, well organised and have not only have a good understanding of construction and design, but also able to work well within a friendly team.
- Must have a good understanding of spreadsheets, CAD and other similar programmes, and the ability to learn new technology.
- Must have an understanding or ability to learn/use on-site measuring/surveying equipment and programs.