Chief Executive Role
We are seeking an experienced Director / Chief Executive level candidate for a well-established specialist construction contractor based in the Bristol area. The company service new build residential and commercial construction projects across the area and work with various tier one main contractors and developers.
The role of Chief Executive has many facets, including leading the whole team towards the achievement of the company’s vision; and growing the revenue and profitability of the company while ensuring all projects undertaken for clients are completed according to contract (and agreed variations), on time, within budget, professionally with total focus on health and safety.
• To lead the team and continue to be recognised as a leading company in the South West region, supporting each team member to achieve highly in their career.
• To lead and support the growth and development of all staff/operatives, as the company believes in ongoing training of people to help them to achieve in their careers and feel more a part of what the company are seeking to achieve in the industry.
• To continue building strong connections with senior managers in our client companies and with prospective clients.
• To have full financial accountability for delivering each year on the agreed revenue, gross profit, net profit and other targets.
• With the QS and finance team, issue monthly applications for payments and ensure clients are certifying and paying as required.
• To guide and support the company’s QS team towards building stronger and deeper relationships with client QSs, site managers and others involved with our projects.
• To continue to grow the business, using their current and potential connections within the construction industry, demonstrating their experience and prowess in creating new business opportunities for the company.
• To support our Operations Manager and Contract Supervisors to ensure that all projects are planned and managed expertly and professionally, enhancing the brand as a leading specialist contractor.
• With the Commercial Manager, overview pricing of new tenders submitted to clients, variations and other pricing decisions needing to be made on won/tendered projects.
• To support the maintenance and improvement of best practice and technology enhancements in the company and across other companies in the Group.
• To be a member of the CEO/Leadership Group working together to ensure the organisation is seen as a leading provider of specialist services across the UK via its various subsidiary companies